After speaking with an enrollment advisor, review the application requirements.
The statement of purpose is your opportunity to provide us with insight into who you are as a person and your personal and professional motivations. It should be typed and 500–750 words in length. Please speak to the following in your statement and upload it to the Mills online admission application:
- Describe how your past education and experiences are relevant to the specific degree or certificate program in which you are interested.
- Share your reasons for applying to this specific School of Education program at this time.
- Tell us about your professional aspirations, with an emphasis on how you hope this degree program will prepare you for the future.
Most students applying to the educational leadership programs will be interviewed by our faculty, by phone or video conference. A Mills representative will contact you to arrange an interview date and time after we’ve received all of your required admission application materials.
- Three letters of recommendation are preferred.
- At least one recommendation should come from a person who knows you in an academic context and at least one should come from a relevant practitioner in the field of education.
Important Dates – spring 2019
November 9, 2018
Priority Application Submission
December 7, 2018
Final Application Deadline