Connect with an enrollment advisor to discuss a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership:
After speaking with an enrollment advisor, review the application requirements.
The statement of purpose is your opportunity to provide us with insight into who you are as a person and your personal and professional motivations. It should be typed and 500–750 words in length. Please speak to the following in your statement and upload it to the Mills online admission application:
- Describe how your past education and experiences are relevant to the specific degree or certificate program in which you are interested.
- Share your reasons for applying to this specific School of Education program at this time.
- Tell us about your professional aspirations, with an emphasis on how you hope this degree program will prepare you for the future.
Most students applying to the educational leadership programs will be interviewed by our faculty, by phone or video conference. A Mills representative will contact you to arrange an interview date and time after we’ve received all of your required admission application materials.
- Three letters of recommendation are preferred.
- At least one recommendation should come from a person who knows you in an academic context and at least one should come from a relevant practitioner in the field of education.
The résumé should list a candidate’s relevant experience, for example:
- Educational history
- Relevant work experience
A curriculum vitae (CV) is also accepted.
- All applications require transcripts from degree-seeking college institutions.
- Official transcripts must be sent and received by a university representative and should confirm the earned degree when applicable.
- International transcripts will need to be evaluated and show equivalency of the U.S. four-year degree OR translated into English. Please include an evaluation by a NAECS accredited institution or official English translation with your transcript.
- International transcripts submitted by US Students should also be accompanied by an evaluation from a NACES accredited institution.
- Official transcripts can be emailed (if electronic official) or mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
5000 MacArthur Blvd.
Oakland, CA 94613
|June 24, 2019||Priority Deadline|
|July 22, 2019||Final Deadline|